It may seem like a silly “how-to,” but knowing how to create an Amazon wish list will save you some guesswork if you can get answers to a few simple questions upfront.
We first put this together as a resource for parents who were interested in creating care packages for their college students. However, it’s a handy list for year-round gift-giving needs!
So, how do I make a wish list on Amazon?
Well, the answer to that is simple, and while it might seem insignificant, it can save you some headaches. Because let’s face it, it can be difficult to buy gifts for adult children.
How many times have you asked your college student (and/or young adult “child”) one of these questions:
- What do you need (or want) for your birthday…or Christmas…or graduation…or just because?
- What color is your favorite?
- What size do you need?
- You mentioned wanting something; what was that again?
Remove the stress of trying to guess! Create an Amazon Wish List.
In fact, your kids probably already have several of these already, and if that’s the case, then all you need them to do is share one of them with you.
Having ready access to this information not only helps you plan care packages but it also comes in super handy when you start shopping for Christmas, birthday gifts, and more! And it’s the perfect complement to the Care Package Fun Facts we shared in the post, “Show ‘Em the Love: 30 Ideas for Creating Care Packages for College Students.”
Steps for creating an Amazon wish list
Step one: Log into Amazon.com
- Click on ACCOUNTS/LISTS
- Click on YOUR LISTS
- Click on CREATE LIST
- NAME it (i.e., birthday, dorm, Christmas, etc.) and click CREATE LIST
Step two: Manage your new list
- Click +INVITE to share list
- Choose VIEW ONLY or EDIT & VIEW
- Option 1: Get copy of link to share -OR- Option 2: Email list to others to share
Step three: Adding to your list
- FIND an item on Amazon
- Scroll down far right side box
- Click ADD TO LIST
- Choose YOUR LIST to save item
So that’s it! I told you it was easy. If you prefer to download and/or print the instructions, then here’s a printable for you.
1 thought on “How to Create an Amazon Wish List”