Well, hello there! If you’ve found your way here, I assume at least one of these things describes you:
- Faith is important to you. And whether you have been a Christian for as long as you can remember or you are somewhat new to the idea of letting faith be your guide, you desire to deepen and grow your faith.
- Family drives your decision-making. You desire to create a family environment that is supportive. You recognize the importance of building a healthy marriage and developing parenting skills that honor God, even when that means running counter to the culture. You also might be approaching or entering the empty nest season of life, and the decisions about what comes next—personally and in parenting—have left you with some questions.
- Home is the heart of your family, and now that you no longer are running circles trying to carpool your kids all over the place, you find yourself looking for those creative outlets to express love and hospitality to friends and family—the beautiful bow, the thoughtful gift, the simplification of space to create order and peace.
Audience of One helps imperfect people recognize their perfection in Christ. Led by Biblical principles to encourage in faith, equip for the empty nest, and lead with heartfelt hospitality. Perfectly imperfect: the driving force behind Audience of One.
I don’t have all the answers. and I don’t claim to be an expert. I am trying to live each day in a way that honors my Creator and draws me closer to Him. I’m drawn to the phrase, “perfectly imperfect.” Simple words, loaded with meaning, and perhaps the easiest summary of a life—mine and yours. Because in all the distractions of the day, I know this for certain: We are created in God’s perfect image (Genesis 1:27), and He uniquely made each one of us for a God-given purpose (Ephesians 2:10)
A Few Posts to Get You Started:
Be the First to Know!
Did you know that you can join our email list and be among the first to receive updates? Joining is simple, and we promise not to overwhelm your inbox! You can sign up using the form below and receive:
- Biblical encouragement to help you grow in your faith
- Insight into parenting as you approach (and are in) the empty nest season of life
- Tips, ideas and resources for showing heartfelt hospitality to those you love
- And much more!
As a subscriber, all content will be delivered straight to your inbox!
A Little About Trisha…
Perhaps the most important thing you can know about me is that I love Jesus. While I journeyed through seasons in life where that wasn’t always evident, most of my adult life has been in pursuit of a life that honors God.
I’m married and have two adult children, and when our last child left for college, my husband and I filled our empty nest with the cutest yellow English lab you ever did see. Seriously…he’s the best!
During the time our nest was emptying and my 50th birthday was inching closer, I also began to feel a growing sense that God was calling me to something different. Launching Audience of One felt a whole lot of scary, and it was a process filled with starts, stops, insecurity and uncertainty. But ultimately, it came down to obedience and a desire to live in faith to God’s call on my life.
A Little About Marian…
If you were to ask me what my passion is I would say to organize the world one person at a time! When my kids were younger, each night I would think, “What can I do today that will make tomorrow better?” Being organized with a plan led to calm mornings, prepared students at school, and scheduled evening activities. Everything wasn’t always perfect, but planning ahead helped keep the chaos out of our home.
Along with my left-brain, mathematical and organized personality, I still needed to feed that creative side. I love all things creative, clever, and clutter-free! On that journey, I was a Creative Memories Consultant, a partner in a personalized gourmet cookie business, a visual merchandising team member for an international home decor store, a personal organizer, and a closet coordinator.
I am married to my college sweetheart and have two grown children. When my first child was headed to college, we, too, added a furry family member. What better way to start the adventure towards empty-nesting than with a puppy! Raider is the sweetest black lab, and he has never met a stranger.
My motto in life: Simplify your space, clear your mind!